I have created a V&R Map of the digital applications I use daily,I use them depending on what I am doing right now,When I need a break, I like to watch Tik Tok, Netfix, or YouTube. While at work, I will check my Gmail and UVIC email,I use these programs to solve many of my daily problems.

What digital platforms are students currently using to develop their professional network?

Student today use socila media in order to build a strong professional network,such as Facebook,Instagram,Tiktok,Wechat.The students will have the opportunity to get to know more people they do not know, and these individuals may be able to help them improve their career when they are beginning, or may guide them to their dream job. In my personal experience, I used WeChat quite a bit. It is a very popular application in China, and you can add new friends by using their WeChat names and create your own chat groups. Some of my groups in computer science may be able to assist me with coding problems while I am doing school assignments, and another group may provide me with information about how to develop a resume and how to apply for jobs if I intend to participate in a co-op program.

What could the student consider in expanding their professional learning network?

If students wish to expand their professional learning network, the following guidelines will help them do so. As an example, if they wish to solve their problems while completing the school assignment, they may join a discord. By posting the problem image in the discord’s chat room, you can get many good and helpful students to assist you.If they have questions about applying for a job, they can join a club at school or speak with an advisor. They will provide guidance on how to write a resume and prepare for an interview.

In your network how can you create a digital identity/reputation?

The digital identity is your online identity, including your photos, videos, and blogs. Having all of these will enable other people to gain a better understanding of who you are and what interests you, Digital  identity is sort of your footprint on the  web. Everything that you do on the web kind of represents your digital identity, your body of work, your portfolios, your blogs.

Find out what a local employer would do if you applied for a job with them?

Employers typically begin a background check as soon as an applicant applies for a job. Employers may do this in order to prevent anything from an individual’s past from being discussed that could potentially harm the company and the reputation of the company.  In order to ensure that information or photos about you are not being broadcast negatively, it is important that you frequently Google yourself.

Discover what an employer would find based on your V+R Map if you applied for a job with them?

The tools that you usually use to determine what you are interested in will be available to them. For instance, if you are a fan of Netflix or YouTube, you may be a person who loves to watch videos, whereas if you are a fan of Instagram, you may prefer to appreciate pictures.

Blog feedback: