What kind of interaction would the video require from your students? Does it force them to respond in some way (inherent)?

Interaction means mutual or reciprocal action or influence(Marriam-Webster’s), They are three major interactions between interaction with learning materials, the interaction between students and teachers, student-student interaction. (Moore,1989) As a first step, we will post a video explaining the basics of Chinese tea and why tea is favored over coffee in China. We are not requiring students to participate in this video because we want to cater to their interest in learning rather than designing it as an academic textbook, but we may post a note below saying, “If you write some notes, this will help you learn more about Chinese culture.”

In what way are they likely to respond to the video on their own, e.g. make notes, do an activity, think about the topic (learner-generated)?

In my opinion, students likely to make notes respond to the video on their own, since it will practice their ability to collect important words or sentences from a short video. In my personal learning experience, this way help me a lot, it provided me much helpful thought when I need to write a post or easy after reading a 10 or 20-page textbook.

What activity could you suggest that they do, after they have watched the video (designed)? What type of knowledge or skill would that activity help develop? What medium or technology would students use to do the activity?

There is a way that I learned from EDCI337, and I suggest students do it after they watched the video, it is sketchnoting. Sketchnoting means rich visual notes created from a mix of handwriting, drawings, hand-drawn typography, shapes, and visual elements like arrows, boxes, and lines. (MIKE ROHDE, THE SKETCHNOTE HANDBOOK) .

By using this notebook, students will be able to take notes in a different way than simply writing words. They may draw circles, squares, or triangles on the notebook, and then write whatever they believe is relevant. By using multiple cues, it enhances the retention and memory of information from a lecture. It enhances comprehension by combining both verbal and visual cues and helps improve your ability to understand.

How would students get feedback on the activity that you set? What medium or technology would they and/or you use for getting and giving feedback on their activity?

The purpose of the quiz is to provide students with feedback regarding how much knowledge they acquired and empower them to improve the weak areas through feedback. The quiz will consist mainly of multiple-choice questions, but the results will not be graded. Additionally, we offer an online discussion question to all students, in which they can post all their thoughts about Chinese tea. They can also share the question with their families and friends, allowing them to obtain some advice from others.

Reference:

BLOG FEED: