Make PowerPoint better

In blog 2, we had learned the multimedia learning principles, dual coding theory, and cognitive load theory, these principles really help me how to make a good presentation. In the last semester, I made a power-point to teach new students how to apply to the co-op program, if they want to get work experience before graduate, but I found I made a mistake,.

when I learned multimedia learning, I write so many details in one slide, and this does not match the Cognitive Load Theory. Because I post too many words in one slide, it makes people feel tired to read and lost what is the important signature to express what I want to tell people. When I learned the Signaling Principle in Multimedia Learning, I decided to change it, the two pictures will post below, one is before, I did not change it, and another one is after I change it. In the next paragraph, I will explain my opinion on how to make a power-point better.

Firstly, I want to use screenshots from the original website as my signature to tell what is an important part of this slide, and use picture edit to underline time, advisor email, I want to remain this information need to be the focus. Secondly, Delete words, it make the slide look more clear, use did not color to separate the heading and body. Thirdly, I want to add more slides as extra information to tell how to prepare interview, and how to write a resume. For each slide, I will not post more than one topic, and I will prepare 2 links of YouTube, one is Mandarin YouTuber and another one is an English YouTuber.

These options all come from multimedia skills, I will use these skills in future works, or one day I probably need to do a presentation, these skills will prove my work.

before

after